Friday, March 16, 2012

What do you think?

I believe that it is very possible that doctors are pushing cesareans in order to save time. It is much easier and takes much less time to have the surgery rather than have to wait for a number of hours and then have to go through the process of actually birthing the baby. However, I think cesarean’s are sometimes very necessary which is why I am against home births or birthing centers because it would be dangerous to not have a doctor nearby to do the surgery if it is necessary if not you are risking your life and your child’s.  If I was told I had to use the medication I would take it. The doctor knows what is best for my baby and since I am not a doctor I am not at liberty to judge what is best. If my baby needs the drugs then I will take them without any conflict. The benefits of using a midwife as opposed to a doctor are few. Aside from being in a more comfortable environment and really having a personal relationship with the person who will deliver your baby I see no other benefits. The midwife is not a doctor and therefore if something goes wrong during the labor or the baby is in distress the midwife would be useless and the doctors would have to be called but by then it may be too late. I would rather have a doctor in immediate range incase something goes wrong. There are different methods of natural birth. It is possible to have a natural birth in a hospital and I believe this is the safest way to have a natural birth. If one has a natural birth in the hospital they can have the drug free birth they want for themselves and their child but the also have the safety of having a doctor close by incase something goes wrong or if they decide they would actually like to have the drugs. I think the main reason that causes women to use medication or drugs is the pain. Labor is called labor for a reason it is very hard work. It is a very painful experience and sometimes women simply cannot handle the pain of delivering their child or they are afraid of it. Pain relief drugs and medications can make the birth a much less scary experience and also much less stressful because for many women the pain that occurs during labor is the one of the main sources of anxiety. I do believe with the research that says women are having babies in the worst possible position lying down. It makes more sense to be upright or standing up to make it easier on both the mother and the child to give birth. I think that women should change the position they are in when they give birth because it may make their labor go much faster and with less effort on both the mother and her child.  

No comments:

Post a Comment